Saturday, January 28, 2006

I'm Afraid Laughter is the Devil!

“Laughter kills fear, and without fear there can be no faith. For without fear of the devil there is no need for God.” – Sean Connery

I think I found my link between Corruption and Happiness! (See Corruption is Happiness below for the problem)

As Sean Connery explains it quite succinctly, we need to ask the question without fear why do we need Allah? Without our belief in the Almighty or the Judgment day do we need to be in our best behavior?

Islam is quite clear in that hypocrisy and corruption are amongst the worst crimes possible to be committed. And everyday Allah fearing Bangladeshis do exactly that. At one breath we say that we are devout Muslims and while we extend our hands under the table to collect that envelope. I have mentioned it before I too am guilty of corruption (See My Article : Repentance of a Sinner – sidebar for link) by not saying anything against it or refrain from taking part myself in giving it.

Given we are amongst the happiest countries does it mean that we have forgotten faith? We have forgotten to fear? And has that leads us to be so brazenly corrupt? Hmm more food for thought!

I sign off today with another of Sean Connery’s sayings on fear:

“If you fear nothing, you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?”

I hope we can learn to love our Maker, our country and our lives enough.

No comments: